Indigo & Shibori Dye Workshop
January 29th, 2017 at Calabasas High School
Cost is $110 for members, $125 for non-members. The cost of the workshop includes all materials.
Shibori is an ancient Japanese dyeing technique using natural dyes, in this class we used natural indigo which has natural antibacterial properties and has been used abundantly historically throughout world history. It’s a great contemporary way to update and refresh clothing or soft accessories.
• Learn the fundamentals of this historic pattern making process.
• Concentration on folded, tied and clamped resist
• Dye natural fiber goods in a plant derived indigo vat
• Learn to create and maintain an indigo vat
• All dyestuff provided
• Cotton fabric (42″ x 42″) will be provided.
• Instruction will be given on a creating a variety of patterns.