Our first charity block is the familiar Log Cabin. We are using the modern colors of aqua/turquoise or corals, from light to dark, shades of one color in a block. Both colors are not in the same block.
- The basic Log Cabin quilt block construction method is the same.
- The exception is that each round of 4 strips will be of the same color.
- The block should finish at 12inches.Please use quilt shop quality cotton.
- Kona Highlight–cut a 2 inch square for the center. A charm square of this color will be given to each VMQG member at the April 25 meeting!
- White–cut strips 1 ½inches wide, width of the fabric
- Color –cut strips 1 ½inches wide, width of the fabric
- Begin the block with the 1st round white, 2nd round color, 3rd round white, 4th round color, ending with white for the 5th round.
Click here to print